Saturday, March 22, 2014

To my child...

What I want for you more than ever is a sense of belonging, and a family. I want you to feel happy and at peace. I want you to grow up in a happy household, not one that's sad and empty. I want you to to feel loved and safe and not alone. I want you to grow up as a secure, well adjusted and happy person. I'm sorry if I can't provide that for you. I'm trying as hard as I can, but I'm always afraid that I'm failing. Just know that my intentions were good. I truly did hope and plan for you to have that happy family that I myself never did when I was growing up, and for you to feel secure and that sense of belonging that I never did. I hope you don't turn out to be like me. I hope you're okay with just me, because I will always try my hardest for you.

No comments: