Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Dogs make life so much sweeter

I can be a in situation or an environment that would otherwise be boring or uncomfortable but which is made so much better just because there is a dog around. Dogs make my life so much better. It doesn't matter who I'm with, as long as there's a dog present, I'll be alright. I can tolerate the owners as long as it means being able to spend time with their dogs. This goes for all animals in general, but there's something special about dogs. I'm a dog person, there's no doubt about it. I'll take dogs over people any day. For that matter I'll take any animal over people. I feel more for animals than I do for people. Whenever I watch those cheesy western movies, or any movies where there are horses and battles, I fret over the horses. When the rider of the horse gets shot or pierced by a deadly arrow and both he and the horse topple over, I cringe at the sight of the horse falling but don't really give a hoot about the person. I suppose that makes me rather cold? Well it's because the horses have no choice but to follow along with whatever nonsense people get up to. You think if they had a choice, they'd choose to participate in those movies? Animals are at the mercy of people and their whims, and I suppose that's partly why I muster up more sympathy for them then I do for people. Animals don't have a choice. They have to rely on us. That's why when I hear of car accidents where dogs have been involved and where their owners were driving drunk or speeding, I worry about the dogs but not the people. Even in accidents where the owner wasn't speeding or driving drunk, my thoughts go to the dog.
Dogs are amazing. So spontaneous and honest, and innocent. Rather like small children.
I can put up with a lot as long as there's a dog around. What would crowded places be if there were no dogs there to stare at? I hate crowds, but will gladly suffer them if they come with dogs. The problem is that I usually get so preoccupied with looking at the dogs that I don't watch where I'm walking and tend to stumble and walk into other people.

No comments: