Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Some things are odd

Like for example when a guy goes missing and it doesn't get much attention in the media, but if a girl goes missing it's splashed all over the tabloids. It's as if a man going missing isn't as news worthy, or not as serious. There is a case of a missing young man in Stockholm right now, but the only reason I know about is because his family and friends have a created a group on Facebook trying to find him. It hasn't even been mentioned in the news and he's been missing for more than a week as far as I know. It was briefly mentioned in one of the local papers today.
Odd, because if he had been a girl it would have been front page news. Is it less serious if it's a guy missing or is it that a girl going missing is more exciting and interesting? Just a reflection. Although it is more frequent for girls to be the victim of crimes, sex related or otherwise, that doesn't guys are immune to it.

Why aren't you allowed to wear your bathing suit in the sauna? Furthermore, why do I seem to be the only one who is not comfortable with getting naked in the sauna? I don't appreciate stripping in front of strangers anymore than I like seeing their naked bodies out there on display. Sorry, I'm a bit of a prude on this score. I would never fit in at a nude beach.

Why is it that the first thing on my mind when I slip and fall outside is if anyone saw it, rather than whether or not it hurt. Is my ego more important than pain?

Why are dentist allowed to cancel on us last minute without any penalty but us patients are not without being charged a fee? Are dentists God? The answer is a roaring yes. George Costanza had the right idea when he told his massage therapist that he requires a 24 hour notice for cancellation.

Why has Anne Hathaway risen to fame?

How can people voluntarily eat cereal when there are other things to eat for breakfast? Cereal is and always will be a desperation breakfast for me.

Just some thoughts.

No comments: