Saturday, February 13, 2010

Oh you cynical Swedes, shut up!

I thought they did a really creative, imaginative job with the opening ceremonies in Vancouver. However, some jaded Swedes didn't get it. There was talk of a fiasco and it being dull as hell, which is rather amusing and ironic since Swedes are famous for just that, being dull. Even if you don't like something, if somebody puts a lot of effort, time and money into creating something, then the classy thing to do is just to shut up and keep your negative opinions to yourself. That goes for everything in life, in my opinion. Yes, I am a Swede myself, at least by birth, but today I felt more Canadian than Swede and was proud of how they pulled off the opening ceremony. Go Vancouver!

1 comment:

canadianne said...

i find that people who complain the most are the most bitter and unhappy...so try not to get mad or frustrated...they are indeed to be pitied..those poor cynical swedes